Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer of Classics

I was looking through my Google Alert on Classic Literature and came across an awesome idea by "Pete Lit". He has an event planned where he reads classics all summer. What a great idea!! It is definitely an inspiration to me to see others embrace classics the way that I do.

Please read his post from last year here. It is an excellent summary about the books that he read including Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson and Knut Hamsun's Hunger both of which I have wanted to read for quite some time.

Are any of you up for the challenge of having a "Summer of Classics"? I know I am!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mat, glad you like the idea. As I mentioned on my blog today, this year my Summer of Classics will follow the astronomical calendar, and run from June 20 through September 22.