Sunday, June 1, 2008

Anton Chekhov

I hope in the future to have much longer pieces on individual writers, however for now I will produce at least a few words about the classic writer Anton Chekhov.

Anton Chekhov is a Russian writer that I hope that I find time (and make a priority) to read in the future (hopefully at some point this year). I first heard of Chekhov from his one edition, The Best Stories of Anton Chekhov included in the Black Dustjacket Barnes & Noble classics.

I have found some excellent resources on Chekhov providing not only the text to 201 stories. That link is here.

Also those interested should see the main page provided by the same site. It states that the site has "tried to gather all Chekhov related info on the internet" and I would agree that it does an excellent job. Please visit that site here.

His Wikipedia post is an excellent read as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Chekhov

Anton Chekhov's work was translated by Constance Garnett (see previous post).

If you have read Chekhov, what is your favorite piece by him?

What storie(s) by him are "must" reads? What should I read first by him?

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments!

0 comments: