Monday, June 9, 2008

The Barnes & Noble Classic Library

Oh Glorious Day!

I believe that I am about to release a lot of cliche phrases about the dearest subject in classics to me: Barnes & Noble Classics. I love B&N Classics more than anyone you've ever met - if you think you love them more then please tell me all about it (because I don't think you do!).

This past weeekend I got a Google Alert about classics and one item that made the news and hence the alert was the celebration of the 5th Anniversary since Barnes & Noble re-released their Classic Library. That press release can be found here.

Have I died and gone to heaven?
Did Hell freeze over?
Did the sky come crashing down?

(Feel free to help me with cliches or whatever the correct term is for these phrases)

Why would I rant like this? I never thought I'd see a full Barnes & Noble Classic Library collection being sold like my previous post last month involving the Penguin Classics.

But, it is now available - from Barnes & Noble - 200 of their paperback Classic collection for only $1,457.00 list price, an online price of $869.95, or a member discounted price of $782.95!!!! Feel free to purchase one HERE!

Could there be a better addition to a classics collection? I think NOT!

I must also mention that their press release also announced some additional specials besides offering the 200 volume library collection. Through July 7, 2008 a promotion of "Buy two get one free" will apply to online and store sales. Also through that date they are offering three limited edition collection sets available online only. The aforementioned 200 volume library collection, the "Barnes & Noble Classics: Great Novels" collection which includes Moby Dick, The Brothers Karamazov, War and Peace¸ Don Quixote, Great Expectations and Jane Eyre for $29.95, and "Barnes & Noble Classics: Tales of Adventure" collecton which includes Arabian Nights, The Call of the Wild and White Fang, The Jungle Books, King Solomon's Mines, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Tarzan of the Apes, The Four Feathers, and The Scarlet Pimpernel also for $29.95.

Please let me know what you think of this promotion! If I had the money and hadn't already significantly purchased a large portion of the classics collection already I would have already purchased the 200 volume set myself!

After you've left a comment head on over to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/classics/index.asp to order me- erm yourself any one of the sets that are on sale (or any other classic that will satiate your desire for a good book!).

4 comments:

dealfinder500 said...

Nice blog. Here's mine: http://dmacs-books.blogspot.com/

I love the classic books. I just wish one publisher would make them all - so that they would all look alike on the shelf. BN seems to have several different series - one hardcover, and three different paperback series.

dealfinder500 said...

You might try the Library of Essential Writers Series, also published by Barnes and Noble. Right now there are 24 volumes in the series. Each volume is 1000+ pages. Each volume contains 5-7 complete works by the respective author.

The binding on these is very tight, and they are hardcover, so they should last long time.

Here's a link that brings up all of them: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?SID=365421

Unfortunately, only like 4 or 5 show up online as in stock, but if you put in your zip code it will check local stores for you. I found out the other day that you can call up other BN stores and they will send the book (for free) to your local store for you to pick up.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find a classics set (I think B&N was the publisher) that was all very black covers, often with Gothic red sort of handlettered title type, issued about 4--5 years ago. Does anyone know who published it or where I can get those?

Moni said...

It's so nice to find people who love the classics just as much as I do! I've been reading them since the fifth grade. The first and ultimate favorite classic I've read is Jane Eyre. I'm a student who can't afford to buy all the books I would like, so deals like these really make my days.