Thursday, February 11, 2010

Life does not stop the continued aging of good classics

Whew! What a summer/winter since my last post. I hope in the future to have some time to devote to this blog but the amount of time available seems very low. However during the lapse our beloved classics continue to affect and effect people around the world. What classics have you read recently? Are any of you out there going through a "phase"? If so what is it?


I hope to go through an Edith Wharton phase as I still would like to dive into her work.

Do any of you foresee Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" becoming a Sci-Fi classic? I know I do.

5 comments:

Ed Jamison said...

I consider it to already be a classic!!!

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, what did you think of Cather in the Rye? I've had to read it for a uni course, and I found it really hard to get into, yet it drove me insane because in some senses it was absolutely brilliant!

Mat Landers said...

I actually enjoyed Catcher in the Rye and also thought it was kind of tough to follow at times. I read it with the curiosity of "What on earth does this book say that would cause someone to murder John Lennon?" Even after reading it, I am not sure why.

The Lone Reader said...

Hey Mat,
Does James A. Michener count as a classic author yet?
J.

Mat Landers said...

Dear, The Lone Reader, I am not familiar with James A. Michener. I am not the authority for classics though. Do you consider his work classics? If so, which ones and why? I would really like to hear a compelling case as to why one of his works would be considered classic!