Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Classic Novels

This blog will be about classic novels that I read as well as other books I come across. I welcome your comments and suggestions for classics to read as well as what you have read.

Over the course of the last few years I've really loved reading classic novels.    My favorites have been of the dystopian/utopian flavor.   This has included:

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
1984 by George Orwell
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Looking Backward by Edward Bellamy

Besides the dystopian/utopian subject i've also had the pleasure of reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy,  A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens,  Silas Marner by Eliot,  and Vanity Fair by Thackeray.

I am also proud creator of the Wikipedia page on Barnes & Noble Classics.

My love for classics grew out of finding the Black dustjacket volumes found in that article.   It took me several years but in 2005 I was able to track down the entire set.

What is your most favorite classic?

0 comments: